Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Last Few Days

It's been a busy couple of days. On Wednesday I spent the day in Bologna to celebrate the feast of Saint Dominic. Unfortunately, in Bologna the keep his original feast of August 4th. This is what we get for doing something on the Novus Ordo calendar.

On the 9th I saw Father Kramer off to Australia, where he will be spending a much needed vacation. In the afternoon I made a special trip over to Santa Maria sopra Minerva, to commemorate the death of Tommaso de Vio Cardinal Cajetan, a Dominican and one of the great Thomistic commentators of all time.

Finally, yesterday was the Feast of Saint Lawrence, one of the most important in the Roman calendar. I visited five of the most important churches dedicated to the martyred Deacon.

All of this will, hopefully be followed by additional posts on the various places I've been.

No comments: